Everyone knows the importance of regular vehicle maintenance such as oil changes and rotating tires, but what about transmission maintenance and why is the transmission so important? The transmission is a major part of your vehicle. It is made up of hundreds of complex components that enable your vehicle to move. The transmission fluid also serves a multitude of purposes. It cools, lubricates, transmits force, transmits pressure, inhibits varnish build-up and protects the transmission. Regular maintenance helps keep the transmission fluid clean and the transmission running smoothly. Harsh driving conditions can devastate the life of the transmission fluid, which can then lead to transmission failure. Old and dirty transmission fluid can lead for the need for an entirely new transmission. Regular transmission maintenance services can help to prevent transmission failures and keep your transmission in Road Ready condition. Our transmission maintenance services include replacement of transmission fluid, replacement of transmission filter (where applicable), replace pan gasket and perform a lift inspection.
To help familiarize you with the types of difficulties that may arise with the transmission, we have listed a few of the common malfunctions that can occur.
- Loss of power upon acceleration
- Transmission is unable to go into gear
- Hard or late shifting of gears
- Transmission slipping
- Chatter or grinding noise in the transmission
- Transmission leaking
- Car is unable to move
Do's & Don'ts of Transmission Maintenance
Below are a few standard tips to help you avoid future transmission damage:
- Do scheduled maintenance according to vehicle owner's manual.
- Do have transmission fluid checked when having oil changed.
- Do not drive a vehicle with low or no transmission fluid.
- Do not change gear ranges from drive to reverse when your vehicle is moving.
- Do not spin tires on turns with front wheel drive vehicles.
- Do not drive your vehicle when there are transmission problems, this may cause further damage.
- Do not drag race your vehicle as it puts unnecessary strain on your transmission.
- Do not drive in 4x4 range on dry pavement unless vehicle is all wheel or automatic 4x4.
- Do make sure you come to a complete stop before moving gear into another range.
- Do not drive on spare tires or mismatched tire sizes with front wheel or all wheel drive vehicles for extended periods of time.
Transmission Inspection Service
We perform this service if the our Performance Check indicates you have an internal transmission problem. Once this service is authorized, the transmission is removed and our Master Builder will completely and thoroughly inspect to evaluate all internal components of your vehicle's transmission for wear and damage. Todays transmissions have over 2000 parts inside its case, so it takes a very well trained Master Tech that knows what to look for.
Upon your further approval will make any necessary updates and replace any damaged parts with parts meeting OEM specifications to give your transmission the ability to obtain its optimal performance. Finally, after the work is completed, the transmission is reinstalled into the vehicle and tested before delivery back to you.
We work hard to make sure things are right! Once your vehicle has undergone our rebuild, rest assured that you have received expert service from our trained technicians and that your vehicle will be Road Ready.