Vehicle Safety Information
Mr Transmission is asking you to please educate your teens about driving while being distracted, by sharing this video with them. They are our future!
New research into crash videos shows that distracted driving is far too common for teens. Parents—Check out the AAA Foundation groundbreaking study that offers a window into what’s happening seconds before teen crashes: http://bit.ly/1BKMy2b
Here is some advise on what to do if your car starts to SKID. 1st: Please drive safely and slow down in bad weather.
What to do when your rear wheels start to skid.
- Immediately take your foot off the gas pedal to help slow down. ...
- Look and try to steer in the direction you want the front wheels to go.
- With anti-lock brakes system , do not pump the brakes. Insead try applying steady pressure to the brake pedal. It is ok to feel the brake pedal pulsing, this is normal.
What to do if your front wheels skid...
- Immediately take your foot off the gas pedal and try to shift into neutral, but don't try to steer immediately.
- As the wheels skid, they will slow to the point the vehicle gains traction again. Once it does, try to steer in the direction you want to go. At that time engage the transmission in back "drive" or release the clutch, and accelerate very slowly.